On August 16-17 in the guest house “Lācītes” gathered together Gulbene district teachers, career education teachers, youth workers and students and teacher support persons to present the intellectual results of the international project “Drop In”, as well as to provide participants with practical knowledge and experience in using various non-formal education methods/activities.
Non-formal education methods expand teachers’ knowledge and methodological base to motivate students to learn in order to reduce the risk of early school leaving.
The first day was more devoted to professional challenges, cohesion to create an effective learning environment, as well as the presentation of the developed learning material and project concept. Pupils’ assessments, their achievements and the difficulties faced by teachers in their daily work to reduce early school leaving were also analyzed. The concept of non-formal education was discussed.
During the second day, the acquisition of non-formal education methods in the topic “Creating your own environment and taking responsibility for it”. “The importance of education and learning motivation”. Learn to say no. Assertive communication continued. They talked about the integration of the project “Drop In” approaches in school to support teachers, developed a draft plan for the implementation of activities in everyday work and talked about how to cooperate in this process at the county level and support each other.
Feedback and questions from the participants of the dissemination event that make them to think:
- I will be happy to participate again!
- It was good! Ideas for lessons and family! Useful, new ideas!
- Thank you for the super intensive, creative and interesting work.
- Worth to visit, get involved, join and enjoy!
- Lots of ideas for work.
- How to say no?
- Remember that there are materials available that can be re-read and refreshed.
- How to find time to talk to young people not only in parenting classes, if there is no class to be raised?
- Can I try the “Alligator River Story” method at a parent meeting?
- How to remember all good methods as much as possible on a daily basis?